I am a researcher in the database group at Microsoft Research. My
current research focuses on big data, stream processing and one-pass analytics, and Cloud computing.
Overall, I am interested in data management, with particular
interest in the following areas:
- One-pass analytics and stream processing
- Big data
- Cloud computing
- Query processing and optimization
- Distributed systems and distributed data management
Our paper on performance isolation in multi-tenant Cloud databases appeared recently in the CIDR conference. I had a wonderful time at this single-track conference held in Asilomar, California.
- Vivek Narasayya, Sudipto Das, Manoj Syamala, Badrish Chandramouli, and Surajit Chaudhuri. SQLVM: Performance Isolation in Multi-Tenant Relational Database-as-a-Service. In Proceedings of the 6th Biennial Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research (CIDR '13), Asilomar, California, USA, Jan. 2013. [pdf]
Click here for a full list of my publications.
- 2008-present: Researcher, Microsoft Research, Redmond, WA.
- Summer 2005: Research Intern, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center,
- Summer 2004: Research Intern, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center,
- 2000-2002: Software Design Engineer, Texas Instruments Research
and Development Center (India).
- Ph.D. Computer Science, Duke University (2008)
Topic: Unifying Databases and Internet-Scale Publish/Subscribe
Advisor: Dr. Jun Yang
Nominated for SIGMOD best dissertation award.
- M.S. Computer Science, Duke University (2004)
Topic: Distributed network querying: reducing costs by providing
Advisors: Dr. Jun
Yang and Dr. Amin
Outstanding Research Initiation Project Award, Duke
- B.E. Computer Science, VJTI, Mumbai, India (2000)
Distinction with overall rank among top three.